Child support may seem like a simple formula used to calculate how much each parent must pay as an obligation on behalf of their child to a county for public assistance costs. It takes into account the income of both parents and custody of the child. However, it can also become tricky and complex, especially because the stakes are so high.
James Sowers is an experienced Orange County child support attorney who can calculate your child support accurately following a meticulous process. She is very careful to take every factor into consideration, because it impacts her entire family. If you are going through a difficult time in divorce, don't just rely on online calculators. Get in touch and schedule a free consultation session with James Sowers.
There may be some consequences if a parent refuses to divert their payments to child support. However, it is simply a duty of each parent towards the child, not each other. In such a scenario, it is best to consult an Orange County Child Support Lawyer.
James Sowers has decades of experience serving her clients in child support matters. Your payment estimate is based on a careful review of your gross income. A special computer program also confirms the numbers, after which you can be assured with an accurate child support estimate.
Why is it important to pay child support?
According to the law, it is perceived as the duty of parents to financially support their children. In California, any amount of money ordered by a court for one or both parents to pay their children’s expenses is known as child support. Generally, the custodial parent receives the amount in monthly payments. The idea of alimony is to ensure that the child’s living expenses are covered even after the child’s parents have separated.
A parent’s financial situation can be affected after a divorce. The amount of child support ensures that the custodial parent’s living conditions are not compromised.
California requires high support expenses, so a child support package can make a big difference in your child’s education and future.
How is child support calculated?
- The number of children necessary for support;
- Amount of time each parent has to spend with children; and
- Net disposable income of both parents (after taxes).
These are the main considerations, however, there are other factors involved as well:
Every child support order in California must include the cost of the child’s health insurance, which must cover his or her dental, vision, and medical expenses. The health insurance amount generally does not exceed 5% of the parents’ gross income.
California courts have the discretion to determine the cost of a child’s schooling in a private institution. The court is likely to order this if the child was attending a private school at the time of the divorce. Courts also have the authority to include special schooling costs if the child has a disability.
The Orange County family court can also order payment for the child’s extracurricular activities, especially if the child has a history of such activities.
If the custodial parent has to travel a long way to comply with visitation orders, the court may also order travel expenses in child support payments.
California courts have little flexibility in using their discretion for child support orders. Courts are directed to adhere to the principles that each parent has a primary duty and is mutually responsible toward their children.
It should be remembered here that child support is different from spousal support. Don’t waste your time with estimates, contact an experienced Orange County child support attorney today to determine the correct amount of custody for your child. James Sowers is well versed in obtaining child custody, child support and spousal support orders. Your clients.
She also has experience in how the courts work, being one of the best child support attorneys in Orange County. You can also offer legal insight for presumptive support during maternity or paternity issues.
Modification of alimony
For a California court to grant a modification of the order, it can only be done under certain circumstances. In child support cases, a parent may obtain a modification of the order if he or she can present material evidence of a change in circumstances.
It is up to the court’s discretion to determine the “change in circumstances” on a case-by-case basis. They mostly involve any fluctuation in a parent’s needs or ability. The main objective of the courts here is to ensure that the child receives fair, timely and sufficient support.
The Benefits Of Working With Accomplished Spanish Child Support Lawyers
• Expertise in Child Support Laws: Child support laws are complex & require specialized knowledge & expertise. An accomplished Orange County child support lawyer has in-depth knowledge of child support laws and can navigate the legal system with ease.
• Protect Your Child’s Best Interests: Child support is essential for the well-being of your child. An experienced child support lawyer can ensure that the child’s needs are taken care of & their best interests are protected.
• Help You Determine the Right Amount of O.C. Child Support: Child support calculations are based on a spectrum of factors such as income, expenses, and the child’s needs. An experienced lawyer can ensure that all factors are considered & help you determine the right amount of child support.
• Ensure Compliance: Once child support has been ordered, it is essential & vital that the payments are made on time & in the right amount. An Orange County child support lawyer can ensure that the other parent complies with the court’s orders and takes action if necessary.
• Save Time and Money: Trying to handle child support issues on your own can be time-consuming and expensive. By hiring an experienced O.C. child support lawyer, you can save time & money & get the support your child needs.
Working with accomplished Spanish child support lawyers can ensure that your child’s needs are met & their best interests are protected. They can really help you navigate the O.C. legal system, determine the right amount of child support, & ensure compliance.
Discuss your case with the best Orange County child support attorney
When you are facing a divorce and are concerned about child support, contact an experienced Orange County child support attorney like James Sowers. Whether you are dealing with your spouse and the court, or the department of child support services is involved in your case, she can help you.
James Sowers is dedicated to helping parents during difficult times in obtaining and modifying child support orders and other family law verdicts. She always has the best interests of her clients and their children in mind.
James Sowers has considerable experience in all areas of family law and alimony cases. Serves Los Angeles, San Diego and Riverside counties. Contact us today for a free consultation. Call us at (714) 733-7065 or send us an email at info@ lopezscca.com.